HOWTO: Debian BenH

Charles Twardy mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:32:17 +1000

Hmm. It seems that make-kpkg didn't apply the patch this time, then. I
applied it manually and it seems to be progressing.

That explains why it was stripping my .config. Without the benh patch,
it didn't know about UNINORTH etc. Did I misunderstand, or was this
supposed to apply the patch before running make oldconfig?:
  make-kpkg --added-patches benh kernel_image

> If a patch is applied successfully, it leaves a stamp file in the
> debian directory.  And the finished package contains a file
> /boot/patches-<version> listing all the patches.

-C
--
Charles R. Twardy               Monash University, School of CSSE
ctwardy at alumni indiana edu   +61(3) 9905 5823 (w)  5146 (fax)