HOWTO: Debian BenH

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
14 Aug 2003 08:45:48 +0200

Dear Charles,

> Did I misunderstand, or was this supposed to apply the patch before
> running make oldconfig?:
>   make-kpkg --added-patches benh kernel_image

If you want to just apply the patch and then change the config, or
check whether the patch was applied correctly, or whatever, use the
target debian instead of kernel-image.  And it used to be necessary to
set the environment variable PATCH_THE_KERNEL, but I believe that
nowadays make-kpkg does this automatically.  Check the manpage to see
if you are up-to-date.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!