Broadcast traffic?

Romeyn Prescott mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:52:59 -0500

I have been running MOL 0.9.68 on YDL 3.0 as installed by YDL for
months.  While *I* do not experience network difficulties, my Network
Manager came to me the other day because he discovered that my ASIP
traffic was being seen in places it has no business being, given the
server to which I was connected.

After further investigation, he determined that packets originating
from the MOL installation on my box were being encoded as if they
were from the Ethernet Broadcast Address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF)!!

Why would this be happening?  As far as I know, I'm using the Sheep driver.

What more specific info might you need to assist me?

Thanks,
...ROMeyn
--
http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm