mol usb and digital cameras

Rob Latham mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:23:49 -0500

hello

I've got a pentax optio s4 camera.  I'm having a bit of trouble making
linux see it, so i thought i'd use the USB-passthrough feature of MOL
to access it.  I'm pretty close to getting that to work, but i
think i'm missing something.

First, i do have usb-storage support compiled as a module, so i
'modprobe -r usb-storage' before starting MOL

Inside MOL, the apple system profiler sees the camera in the list of
'devices and volumes', but iPhoto doesn't think there is a camera
attached.

When i turn the camera on, i see this message in the terminal where i
start MOL

USB device connect (2:3)

And i've got 'enable_usb: yes' in my molrc.

This is with debian's mol-0.9.69+20031019-6 package.

Any suggestions for making this work?  I'll happily try anything, but
i'm not sure how to proceed on my own.

Thanks
==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Chicago, IL USA