Need some testing...

Bill Fink mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:59:36 -0500

Hi Samuel,

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Bill Fink wrote:

After your fix, I was able to run the new MOL (OS9 and OSX).

> > On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> >
> > The release of the next MOL version is getting closer. I would appreciate
> > some testing before that though.
> >
> > The following features are new:
> >
> > 	- Audio support in OSX

This basically works, but the audio is somewhat staticy, and very
noticeably with higher resolution QuickTime files (which work great
under MOL OS9).  Also as a minor thing, there's no longer a start
boing with OS9.

> > 	- UFS boot support (OSX)
> > 	- Significant OSX optimizations
> > 	- Improved audio quality in classic MacOS (mp3:s no longer
> > 	  skips, playing QT movies from the harddisk works better)

Audio with OS9 is very good.

> > Semi-new features (that have been in the developer tree for a while):
> >
> > 	- Ejectable CD support (OSX and classic)

This didn't work for me with OSX.  It worked fine with OS9.
Also, I should mention that I first accidentally had an audio CD
inserted when I started MOL (OS9), and it confused MOL such that
the CD didn't show up in MOL and I couldn't eject the CD from the
Linux side.

All in all, in my short testing, MOL worked fine (both OS9 and OSX).

						-Thanks!

						-Bill