10.2.4 update hangs MOL

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:59:38 +0100

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 04:09:11PM +0800, Jamie Clark wrote:
> >I hadn't considered that DevTools might have dropped something into
> >the mix

DevTools doesn't matter. I have it installed here too...

> 10.2.3 installs and runs fine, but mol refuses to start as soon as
> 10.2.4 is applied. Downloaded twice to be sure.

Hmm. Can you run md5sum on /mac_kernel? Just to make
sure you have the same 10.2.4 kernel as I have here...

Btw. did you install/upgrade OSX in MOL or not? I imagine Apple's
installer might remove "unnecessary" stuff if it doesn't think
it is needed (but I haven't seen any evidence of it so far).

> If I attach gdb to mol I invariably end up looping through
> handle_rvec_flags ... do_rvec_jump_ .

This is OK (what you see is the return point from the
virtualization mode).

> strace gives this repeatedly:
> MOL(0x17, 0x1, 0x108d000, 0x700, 0x10050000, 0x200ffff, 0x30016000,
> 0x1000) = 0
>
> ltrace shows no library calls.

Normal. The mol engine seems to be running OK.

> Which versions of mol + kernel + libc should 10.2.4 run with

I really doubt the kernel/libc version has anything to do with it.

If you start osx in verbose mode (startmol --config=v --osx),
what is printed out?

Another thing you could try is 'startmol -d --osx' which starts
the debugger and then 'Meta-G' to start mol. 'Meta-S' will stop
mol and show you what OSX is doing (if you know some assembly).

/Samuel