DGA support

Benjamin Herrenschmidt mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
17 Feb 2003 17:53:43 +0100

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 15:05, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> MOL now has preliminary X11 DGA support (in the BK/rsync tree).
> This should make it easier to get fullscreen video working
> (in particular if a flat-panel display is used).
>
> I'm a bit uncertain how well XDGA works on the powerpc platform
> though; I would appreciate some testing on various
> hardware/XFree86 combinations.
>
> On XF86 4.0.3 with an ATI Rage 128, the only video mode
> that works properly is the one the X-server is using. Other modes
> are reported but they are all quite borken.

It probably depends if you are using UseFBDev or the "ati" driver
alone. Also, for flat panels, since probing of those is broken in
most cases, you may need to explicitely provide the panel size.
At least, with the above, X might properly do the scaling.

I plan to fix radeonfb sooner or later...

Ben.