Q1. Connecting mac email to linux email (sendmail etc)

David Paul BELANGER mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:46:31 -0500

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 11:13:32PM +0000, Andy Peat wrote:
> Can anybody tell me the best way to share the email between linux (as the main server) and the mac (working thru mol) so that linux can be used as an email server?

1)
First step is to setup networking between both OS.

Read /usr/share/doc/mol/Networking.gz

I recommend using the tun device.

Once this is done, it's like you have 2 machines.
You can run network services on one and access it from the other.

2)
Configure your mail server on GNU/Linux.
(Read Linux doc/howtos...)

David