MOL not booting OS X on RS/6000 7043-150p -- pointers?

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:21:55 +0100

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 01:06:26PM -0600, Craig A. Huegen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compiled MOL off an rsync tree this morning and attempted to boot OS X.
> I'm having no luck...
>
> If I try booting OS X with the default config, it states an unknown CPU
> ID and tries to use G3 mode.
> In that case, I get the "you must restart your computer" error.
> So, I added "processor: 604" to the molrc file.

G3 mode is what you want (I don't think it will run in 604 mode, at
least my 10.2.4 installation does not).

> Note that I did not add any other block devices because I want to see
> if the CD will boot first.
>
> Any pointers?

Well,

	startmol -X --cdboot --config=v

will might give you access to the OSX console; it might tell you
more... You could also try the latest MOL version. I've made
some changes to the boot loader...

/Samuel