login screen - please help

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:58:11 +0100

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 09:11:21AM +0100, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
> I installed MOL on a Mandrake cooker-ppc platform. Mol runs in a
> windowed mode. If I get into the login screen of OSX, and I press a key,
> it is as if it stays being pressed, it looks to me as if it enters a
> loop. So if I try to type the password it keeps making letters by
> itself, it can't be stopped. Also when I then click my username again,
> my username keeps blinking as if I was pressing it continuously. Has
> anyone observed this behavior before, and can someone help me prevent it
> ? I really do not know what is wrong here. I thought that by installing
> the 0.9.66 version it would be fixed....not :(

I have experienced the repeating key effect. It seems that when
switching from another virtual console to the one where MoL is running,
MoL thinks that the command and/or key is (still) pressed. I found that
pressing the command key and the control key a couple of times helps.

When you are already logged in into MacOS X, you will notice the effect
more clearly, i.e. pressing 'o' would open the "open" dialog as if
command-o had been pressed, or you'd see the mouse pointer associated
with the context menu, and the like. But with the funny behaviour of the
login screen, the effect is not so obvious.

Peter