MOL tun networking - no ethernet port in OSX

Nirmal Govind mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:32:50 -0400

Hi.. I'm trying to get the networking going on OSX using mol.. I have the tun
module, also have ipforwarding enabled.. my molrc.net has just one line -
"netdev: tun0 - tun" .. I have DHCP installed.. when I start mol, all the
modules are loaded (with some messaged about tainting the kernel) but DHCP is
started and everything looks fine from the linux side. I see a tun0 interface
if I do ifconfig in linux. However, on the OSX side there is no ethernet
interface that I can select.. Christophe Barbe sent me his network
configuration in OSX which I've attached below.. and below that is my network
configuration where I do not have a selectable ethernet port like in the
former case.. does anyone know if I need to install something in OSX to get
this working? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. I'm also
attaching the startup messages when I fire up mol..

thanks,
nirmal
PS: I had to remove both attachments and resend since the other message is
being moderated..
--
ibook:/home/nirmalg# startmol -X
Mac-on-Linux 0.9.69 Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Samuel Rydh

    1024* 768, depth 32   { 60.0 } Hz
    1024* 768, depth 8,32   { 70.0, 74.8, 75.0 } Hz

No video mode match the default one.
Autoswitching to console
DHCP nameserver exported: 216.169.160.2
Ethernet Interface 'tun-<tun0>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE

    CD   /dev/cdrom       CD-ROM         <read-only>   ------
----> /dev/hda9 might be a boot-strap partition.
    HFS+ /dev/hda12       MacHD1         <rw> 9190 MB
No volumes found in '/dev/hdb'
No volumes found in '/dev/sda'
No volumes found in '/dev/sdb'

>> MacOS X Boot Loader 1.1.18
>> Candidate boot volume: /mol-blk@0/disk@0:0
>> /mol-blk@0/disk@0:0,\mach_kernel (3737772 bytes)
>> /mol-blk@0/disk@0:0,\System\Library\Extensions.mkext

<*> MOL acceleration for 10.1 (and later)
<*> MOL acceleration for 10.2 (and later)
<*> Block Driver v1.1
Mounting MOL driver disk
+ Video Driver v1.12