Ethernet/Networking Config for MOL

magnetic mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:32:50 -0400

Hello Philippe

 Thanks for your response. How do I check to see if my kernal supports
tun/tap and iptables?
When I enable tun in the config and net settings and try to launch MOL I get
an error saying "unbalanced" in the .net config... So then, I disable tun
and laund MOL and load OS 9.1 I try to launch TCP/IP control panel and it
comes back saying " In use by another application or locked" ?? Please
help.

 Also, are there any Mac cd burning programs that will work with my Yahmah
Drive 8824 ide?
I cant get the Mac Cd player to recognize Audio Cds = data cds work fine.

tia
magnetic

On 11-Aug-03, you wrote:

> Hello magnetic
>
> On 11/06/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I got Mac On linux running finally and I am wondering how to properly
>> configure my ethernet network configuration so I can go online with MOL
>> please help... in detail as I'm a newbie please.
>> tia
>> magnetic
>>

> It's not that simple for a Pegasos user,
> first recompile your kernel with tun/tap and iptables
> support, then read the mol docs, don't use the sheepnet
> driver for tcpip, but the tun one.
> You may have to install DHCP too with: apt-get install dhcp.
> Then you only need to create a new zImage from your
> newly compiled kernel: make zImage, and use that one
> for booting linux, then startmol, setup tcpip as described
> in the mol network docs.
>
> email me in privately for more info's.
>
> Bye,
> Felix.