SOLVED: OS/X can ping, ftp, telnet, but not ssh, http

Kent West mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:07:42 -0500

Kent West wrote:

> Kent West wrote:
>
>> I've just installed MOL on Debian, along with Mac OS/9 and OS/X. Got
>> networking working fairly easily on OS/9, but had trouble with OS/X,
>> but with help from this list thought I had it all working.
>>
>> Now I find that I can ping, and telnet, and ftp from OS/X to
>> anywhere, but I can't ssh or use a web browser (Safari and Mozilla).
>> It just sits there looking . . . .

Another thread mentioned that the benh kernel solved a similar problem,
so I upgraded to 2.4.20 from the Debian archives, and that solved the
problem.

Whoo-hoo!

This is so cool, to be able to run Debian on a G4, with Mac OS 9.2.2 in
a window (or full-screen), alongside Mac OS/X, with a VNC connection to
a WindowsXP (yech!) box.

Debianistas and MOL-people are tremendous! You folks are great!

--
Kent