Stops with "You must restart your computer" screen

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:13:57 +0100

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:01:47PM +1000, Mark Suter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've installed the Debian packages for mol and have run into a
> problem.  It starts, I see the pengiun hugging the apple but then
> it stops on with the following message.
>
> I've got Mac OSX 10.2.4 installed and I can boot into it without
> any noticable problems.  I ran molvconfig and it seemed to work
> and the only file I've manuallly edited was /etc/mol/molrc.osx).
> I've included that, along with some hopefully useful output below.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I think it is MOL that does not properly handle UFS. The UFS
support is largely untested.

> >> MacOS X Boot Loader 1.1.18
> >> Candidate boot volume: /mol-blk@0/disk@0:0
> >> /mol-blk@0/disk@0:0,\mach_kernel (3733508 bytes)
> >> SyncRead: error

Seems like UFS is causing problems.

I'm also a bit uncertain about what Apple puts on the
bootstrap volume and what is stored on the main
OSX disk.

/Samuel