using MacOS 8.1 on Powerbook G3

Bertrand mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 11 May 2003 18:50:28 +0200

You can't install MacOS-8.1 because it is for an oldworld mac, I think.
Anyway, OS8.6 and OS9 are much faster than this one because 8.1 has
still 68k code in it.

Can't you burn the MacOS9 System folder (and the apps and docs you want
to keep) from his powerbook on an HFS CDrom before installing Linux ?
Then you will be able start on the cdrom, partition the hard disk, copy
the cd to one hfs partition, restart, install linux and then run mol...

Bertrand Dekoninck