using MacOS 8.1 on Powerbook G3

Jorge mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 20:02:58 +0200

Thomas Laur wrote:
> So how can I determine with MacOS 9 for sure, which kind of PowerBook G3
> he has ?

in mac os you can go to the apple menu, the to system profile and get there
the hardware configuration that you have.

> And when itīs really a Wallstreet, is it supported by old-world-booting
> and whatīs the name of the ROM-File to get mol running ?

you can download an update file from apple and extract it with TomeViewer the
way to do it is in the mol web pages

> Or has he to upgrade to a newer MacOS version ?
i don't know, i also don't know how will the rom update affect your powerbook.
but, anyway, once you extact the rom place it inside the macos system folder
you want to boot under mol

> Any help would be appreciated.

btw. i'm not an expert so take this advices with care.

jorge

\ www.sindominio.net /
  \  domainless net  /