Display mode question

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:18:08 +0200

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 10:07:21AM +1200, Francois Prowse wrote:
> Yes - I've been asking the same question....I quite often use my machine
> on a 21" monitor and would be really nice to set up MOL to a larger
> resolution - why dosn't molvconfig give options for much higher
> resolutions?

Well, you can add additional modes to /etc/fb.modes (the same
config file as fbset uses).

> Also, for the life of me I'm unable to get MOL working in a Window under
> X, any help appreciated

One good starting point is to disable console_video and enable
xvideo in /etc/mol/molrc.video. This should give you mol-in-a-window.

When both console video and xvideo are enabled simultaneously, you
can switch from console video to xvideo with ctrl-cmd-space.
Also not that the xvideo driver can't display all depths. If you
run X in depth 24, then you should change the depth in the MacOS
control panel to this setting before switching.

Cheers,

/Samuel