newpmac headers

David Bélanger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:24:08 -0500

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 09:42:42AM -0500, Sébastien Mengin wrote:
> Le dim 02 nov 03 à 11:06, softwatch a écrit:
> > I think the idea is that MOL always runs better on a custom kernel (in my
> > case several times faster) ; so either you use the version shipped with your
> > distro, or you tweak your kernel and MOL to suit your needs.
>
> the point is that the version shipped with woody or sarge does not run
> out of the box... and this is sad...

The mol or kernel version?  Because I am not using the Debian kernel as
it was not quite customized for mac hardware.

If you are using the precompiled kernel from Debian, the precompiled
mol-modules for that kernel version should work out of the box.
You may want to contact the developer that packaged mol-modules / mol.

If you try another kernel or another version of mol not package with
Debian, then it is up to you to do the compilation.

David