newpmac headers

Sébastien Mengin mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:39:44 -0500

Le dim 02 nov 03 à 12:24, David Bélanger a écrit:
> > the point is that the version shipped with woody or sarge does not run
> > out of the box... and this is sad...
>
> The mol or kernel version?  Because I am not using the Debian kernel as
> it was not quite customized for mac hardware.

The mol version I installed
  apt-get install mol mol-modules

(this is a bit off topic, but what does the kernel you use does that the
debian kernel does not ? -- I have pmud, sound, keyboard...)

> If you are using the precompiled kernel from Debian, the precompiled
> mol-modules for that kernel version should work out of the box.

It doesn't :-/
Or should I download a 2.4.18 kernel-image and try with it?

> You may want to contact the developer that packaged mol-modules / mol.

That's a good idea, I'll check it out.

> If you try another kernel or another version of mol not package with
> Debian, then it is up to you to do the compilation.

Off course.

--
Sébastien
Lux Editeur -- Montréal