newpmac headers

David Bélanger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:14:22 -0500

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 12:39:44PM -0500, Sébastien Mengin wrote:
> Le dim 02 nov 03 à 12:24, David Bélanger a écrit:
> > > the point is that the version shipped with woody or sarge does not run
> > > out of the box... and this is sad...
> >
> > The mol or kernel version?  Because I am not using the Debian kernel as
> > it was not quite customized for mac hardware.
>
> The mol version I installed
>   apt-get install mol mol-modules
>
> (this is a bit off topic, but what does the kernel you use does that the
> debian kernel does not ? -- I have pmud, sound, keyboard...)

Hi,

I'm using a benh kernel as I read somewhere that it was better.  But
now I see a pmac version in Debian.  I had quite a lot of problems
installing Debian.  That might actually be the reason why I'm not using
their kernel, maybe I needed a more recent one, I don't really remember.

> > If you are using the precompiled kernel from Debian, the precompiled
> > mol-modules for that kernel version should work out of the box.
>
> It doesn't :-/
> Or should I download a 2.4.18 kernel-image and try with it?

Kernel version number should correspond to mol-modules version number.
I am assuming you have already tried using the -a option to startmol to
ignore version numbers.

Ideally, the version number should match.  Since I recompiled mol,
cannot be of much help.

David