Mol kernel module & ethernet & MOLAudio

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:37:58 +0200

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:43:54PM +0200, Markus Frauenfelder wrote:
> Wow. It works. I just had to unistall all the Debian stuff. And rebuild mol
> from rsync. There exists nothing easier than that.
>
> Thanks so far.
>
> Some other problems, that may be related to the one above:
No... this is unrelated.

> ---> DHCP server not installed
> Ethernet Interface 'tun-<tun0>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE
>
> 1) This looks like I should have a perfect network connection. But I don't.
> At the moment as OsX is trying to initialize the network (while booting) it
> takes a really long time.

You don't have dhcpd (the server deamon, not the DHCP client) installed.
Thus MOL can't provide DHCP support to OSX.

> If I check after that in the
> SystemPreferences-Network, there is a new device (en3) found. I tried to
> configure this one on both ways DHCP (an other computer is running a server)
> and manually. None of them worked.

DHCP won't work unless you install dhcpd (recommended). If you
configure manually, then you should use

IP: 		192.168.1.2
Gateway:	192.168.1.1	(i.e. the linux machine)
Netmask:	255.255.255.0
Nameserver:	examine /etc/resolv.conf, avoid 127.0.0.1

Note: I have recently change 192.168.1.X to something
which should have less chance of conflicting with other
local networks so this will change to 192.168.130.X or
something similar in the future (one can always use ifconfig
to find out the correct IP to use).

> 2) What about that MOLAudio stuff? I can't find a file MOLAudio in the
> 'MOL-Install' disk image. But I could find a 'MOLAudioDevice.kext' in the
> extensions folder. It looks as if this does not help (may be it's the
> problems source).

I still haven't uploaded the updated MOL audio driver yet. It is
in the works...

/Samuel