Mol kernel module & ethernet & MOLAudio

Markus Frauenfelder mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:48:57 +0200

Samuel Rydh hat mal (am Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:37:58PM +0200) gesagt:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:43:54PM +0200, Markus Frauenfelder wrote:
>
> You don't have dhcpd (the server deamon, not the DHCP client) installed.
> Thus MOL can't provide DHCP support to OSX.
>
> > If I check after that in the
> > SystemPreferences-Network, there is a new device (en3) found. I tried to
> > configure this one on both ways DHCP (an other computer is running a server)
> > and manually. None of them worked.
>
> DHCP won't work unless you install dhcpd (recommended). If you
> configure manually, then you should use
>
> IP: 		192.168.1.2
> Gateway:	192.168.1.1	(i.e. the linux machine)
> Netmask:	255.255.255.0
> Nameserver:	examine /etc/resolv.conf, avoid 127.0.0.1

meanwhile the network almost works (was an rtfm-problem: I just had to read
Doc/Networking). Right now I'm just missing IP-forwarding (I have to fix
that in Debian) and NFS export (still looking for good documentation). But
those Problems aren't up to mol anymore.

> > 2) What about that MOLAudio stuff? I can't find a file MOLAudio in the
> > 'MOL-Install' disk image. But I could find a 'MOLAudioDevice.kext' in the
> > extensions folder. It looks as if this does not help (may be it's the
> > problems source).
>
> I still haven't uploaded the updated MOL audio driver yet. It is
> in the works...

I'm really looking forward to this audio driver.

Btw how can I figure out which release of mol I use? startmol -V only gives
me 0.9.69. But I'd like to know which '_pre' I'm using.