MAC address assignment/rotation?

Derrik Pates mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:40:24 -0400

In playing around with Mac-on-Linux on a PowerMac 7500, trying to set it
up in a bridged fashion using the tun driver, I've noticed that the MAC
address that's used by the virtual network device is always the same.
This will cause problems for simultaneous sessions (I'm trying to set
this box up so that multiple users can start networked X sessions of
MacOS on their Windows machines) to conflict, making networking break.
There should really be a config file option to set the virtual network
device's MAC address to some arbitrary address, so that setups like what
I'm trying to do are possible without serious hacking. I'll see what I
can do in terms of hacking it in on my own, but... my 2 cents and all
that.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net