MAC address assignment/rotation?

Mark S. Mathews mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:53:45 -0400 (EDT)

802.1d bridges always adopt the mac address of the numerically lowest
port.

If you go to the bridge utils home site (no link handy, consult the oracle
at google) I believe there's a patch to allow setting the bridge device to
use a specific mac address.  You can randomize from there if you wish.

-M

--

Mark S. Mathews

AbsoluteValue Systems      Web:    http://www.linux-wlan.com
715-D North Drive          e-mail: mark@linux-wlan.com
Melbourne, FL 32934        Phone:  321.259.0737
USA                        Fax:    321.259.0286