Running Servers

Dean Suhr mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:10:04 -0700

Greetings - I'm the NGOL - New Guy on the List!

I'm a Linux newbie having successfully installed and configured an i386
server over the summer.  I also run an OS 9 server and an OS X server - each
with different applications. They're all relatively low volume servers.

Would it be practical or advisable to run all three servers on the same box?

G4/500 OS 10.2.6 - runs LetterRip Pro (might replace LRP with Mailman - but
that is a ways off - but this is my primary user OS/desktop anyhow - will be
headed to Panther)

Beige G3/266 - runs EIMS mail server and QuickDNS (yes, I will run BIND on
the Linux partition soon - but I do like EIMS)

Dual P-III/400 (or so) RedHat Linux v9 - runs Apache (might pick up Mailman,
Moharc, BIND - I've considered Postfix for EIMS but haven't figured that out
yet.)

Dean