PPC Emulator, is this real?!?!

Marcelo A. Ferreira Gomes mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:48:32 -0300

Not so simple. I haven't looked into this particular emulator yet,
but most engines just take "shortcuts" when dealing with speed issues
by not properly emulating the full behavior of the MMU, thus getting
the speed they need. They might be all that's required to emulate a
game console, but a full-blown operating system usually requires much
more from the MMU.

If this GC emulator is like that, we'd have to make massive changes
to many parts of the code in order to properly emulate the MMU, and
it would probably be harder than writing an emulator yourself from
scratch.

I may have some time this weekend to take a look at this issue. Later
on, I'll tell you what I've found. If someone else has some spare
time before me, please look into it, too, and spread the word.

[]s.