"Big" disk image problem with current Debian version

Derrik Pates mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:23:38 -0500

Yeah, I know, replying to myself...

> I actually did run fdisk on the image file, and had it save the empty
> partition map to disk. I'm running the Debian sid packages, which show
> up as version 0.9.69+20031019-1. I tried booting it this morning, and
> now MOL doesn't want to boot it at all, from an image or from a CD, but
> MacOS 9.2.2 boots just fine in a window. Any thoughts?

After rebooting my system, MacOS X will now boot again inside MOL. It
appears something somewhere (in the kernel? dunno) gets tainted,
especially if you use Ctrl-C or similar to terminate the emulator.
Obviously, I'll want to _not_ do that again. Though I'd definitely hope
there's some way that whatever "pollution" or whatever it is that's
happening can be prevented, so weird behavior like that can be avoided.

Also, I will see how hard it will be to add largefile support to MOL.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net