"Big" disk image problem with current Debian version

Derrik Pates mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:29:28 -0500

Samuel Rydh wrote:
> What did the MOL log say?

The errors were completely random. A few times, it would start up OS X
far enough to throw up a "You need to reboot your computer" screen. The
rest of the time, it would give memory read and write errors, MAC-CHECK
(I think?) errors, and others. It was different each time I tried to
start it. And this was not a damaged filesystem or anything like that -
I hadn't even managed to install it yet, I was only booting from a CD or
CD image.

> Well, MOL is supposed to have largefile support already... Possibly
> only it the rsync/BK tree.

Must be. I'll have to try building the current rsync tree and see if it
takes.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net