Downgrading MOL .69 to .68

David Bélanger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:57:18 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 05:13:20AM -0400, magnetic wrote:
> Hello Samuel
>
>  I have a Pegasos PPC G3@600mhz and 256 mb Ram. I have MOL .69 installed
> with Debian Linux. (kde 3.1 kernal 2.4.22) OS 9.1 works fine - OS X will
> boot from OSX Jaguar CD and go to install the OS but a couple of minutes
> into the install it will crash and say - unexpected error restart and kill
> MOL! I have heard through people that .69 version of MOL is unstable with
> OSX with a Pegasos.
>   However, I heard the x.68 version of MOL works ok with OSX.. So my
> questions are:
>
> 1. Are you working on un update to .70? and maybe with a Pegasos fix?
>
> 2. How would I go about Downgrading my .69 installation to .68? (I'm new to
> linux)

These are more generic answers.
1) If you have the debian packages for 0.68, you could uninstall 0.69 and
install the older one.
2) If you are using the Debian testing or unstable distribution and 0.68
is in the stable one.  Uninstall 0.69.  Switch to stable (I think
filename is: /etc/apt/source.list, I'm not on my computer now...).
Install mol.  I did this to downgrade gnumeric and it worked.
3) Download the 0.68 source tarball and compile from source.  Note: You
will need to install the lib___-dev libraries version to have the header
files.

David