Classic MOL newbie question

Christian Walther mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:35:36 +0200

> Do you mean boot from a CD into MacOS-9 natively?

The 17" powerbook can't even do that, can it? I think my 15" 867MHz
powerbook is the last one to boot 9 natively.

> Do you mean boot into MacOS-9 via MOL?  If so, how?

No, I'm just talking about the Mac OS side (I rarely use Linux these
days, that's why you don't hear much from me on this list...).

> I haven't installed MacOS-9.

Did you get a Mac OS 9 installation CD with your powerbook? If so,
installing Mac OS 9 could be tricky (assuming that you can't boot from
the CD). What I got with my powerbook was a disk image on the Software
Restore DVD (PowerBook G4 Software/.images/OS9General.dmg) containing a
full Mac OS 9 install, if you have that too, you can just copy its
contents (or at least the system folder) over to your HD.

  -Christian