Classic MOL newbie question

Brendan J Simon mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:51:45 +1000

Christian Walther wrote:

>> Do you mean boot from a CD into MacOS-9 natively?
>
> The 17" powerbook can't even do that, can it? I think my 15" 867MHz
> powerbook is the last one to boot 9 natively.

Don't know.  I haven't looked but will let you know.  I'm going to have
a fun weekend finding out alot of things :)

>> Do you mean boot into MacOS-9 via MOL?  If so, how?
>
> No, I'm just talking about the Mac OS side (I rarely use Linux these
> days, that's why you don't hear much from me on this list...).

Interesting.  Is this because you have the ease of MacOS-X with the
benefits of BSD ???

>> I haven't installed MacOS-9.
>
> Did you get a Mac OS 9 installation CD with your powerbook? If so,
> installing Mac OS 9 could be tricky (assuming that you can't boot from
> the CD). What I got with my powerbook was a disk image on the Software
> Restore DVD (PowerBook G4 Software/.images/OS9General.dmg) containing
> a full Mac OS 9 install, if you have that too, you can just copy its
> contents (or at least the system folder) over to your HD.

Not sure about he CD/DVD.  Will check this weekend.
Do you mean copy the system folder to the MacOS-X partition or the Linux
partition ???

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.