Classic MOL newbie question

Christian Walther mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:42:42 +0200

> Interesting.  Is this because you have the ease of MacOS-X with the
> benefits of BSD ???

Yeah. Mac OS X "just works" (at least more so than Linux) and allows me
to do just about anything I'd want to. And I hate shutting down Mac OS
X, closing all my open applications, to boot Linux.

> Not sure about he CD/DVD.  Will check this weekend.
> Do you mean copy the system folder to the MacOS-X partition or the
> Linux partition ???

The Mac OS X partition, or any other HFS(+) partition. Mac OS X can't
read ext2/3 partitions on its own (there's an open source driver for
it, though), and AFAIK Classic doesn't run off anything other than
HFS(+).

  -Christian