Classic MOL newbie question

Brendan J Simon mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:37:40 +1000

>>> Did you get a Mac OS 9 installation CD with your powerbook?  If so,
>>> installing Mac OS 9 could be tricky (assuming that you can't boot
>>> from the CD).
>>
>> It's very likely that this assumption is not true.  MOL runs just fine
>> with any of my Mac OS 9 install CDs.
>
> Of course. I'm not talking about MOL, but booting natively. I was
> trying to help Brendan get his Mac OS 9 application to run in a way
> not involving MOL.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I inserted the MacOS-X installation disc
and there are two installation programs, one for MacOS-X and one for
software.  I ran the software installation and it gave me the option of
installing Classic Emulation.

I wasn't sure if this was going to work as I didn't format the partition
with MacOS-9 drivers but I gave it a shot.  Guess what?  It worked.  I
was able to run the MacOS-9 application that I needed so this made me
happy :)  I assume that the driver partitions are not required when
emulating with MacOS-X.  MOL might be a different story???

I now have a fallback if I can't get MOL working but I'm sure that wont
be a problem.  Just got to get XF86 working with the PB17, then I'm sure
MOL will be straight forward.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.