Mac OS 9.2.1 on Powerbook 12"

Piyush Khengar mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:03:56 +0100

Dear All,

I have managed to install MOL 0.9.69 in Gentoo 1.4 which runs OS 10.2.6
with no problems whatsoever.

However, every time I try to boot from my OS 9.2.1 CD (using startmol
--cdboot), the system just spits the cd right back out at me! It does
this after the "+ Video Driver v1.12" statement in the terminal window.

I've tried loads of different configurations, but nothing seems to work.
I even tried to install OS 9.2.1 from within Classic in OS X, and then
using MOL to boot it, but that doesn't work either.

What could be the problem? Is it possible, or is it just not going to
work with a PowerBook 12 (which doesn't support OS 9.2.1 anyway)?

Many thanks,
Piyush