startup mol errors with normal user account

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:29:39 +0200

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 02:01:06AM +0200, Thomas Otto wrote:

> > do I now have to do add each user to use it with visudo and when I type
> > it.. I have to type
> >
> > $ sudo startmol -X
> >
> > I remeber one could set each user to use or deny useage of mol...  but I
> > can't remember where it is stored or has that been taken out...
>
> You can make a groups 'molusers' and then add
>
> %molusers hostname = NOPASSWD: /path/to/startmol -X
>
> via 'visudo' only once and then do "adduser user group" for each allowed
> user.

Another possibility is setting the setuid bit:

	su
	chown root /usr/local/bin/mol
	chmod +s /usr/local/bin/mol

Certain distributions does not install mol with the setuid bit
set (this increases security). It should be pretty safe to set
the setuid bit though (the virtualized OS is completely isolated
and so on).

/Samuel