Incompatibel MOLAudio Version

Chen Peng mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:57:40 +0800

Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to solve the "Incompatible MOLAudio Version" problem?

I have most up-to-date mol-sync compiled and runs without much problem
with my OSX 10.2.6. Everything seems to be fine except the sound. During
the MOL startup, it shows up message "Incompatible MOLAudio Version". I
had another copy of mol 3-4 months ago, with which sound works just
find. I suspect the new code must have improvement.

So, I look into the code and find out this error message appears when
OSX_SOUND_DRIVER_VERSION and OSI_SOUND_API_VERSION does not match what
is defined in src/drivers/include/sound_sh.h . In the head file, the
expected version is 2, but the kernel extension in MolboodX.dmg package
is 1.1. Is that the problem?

Pls help me or indicate a workaroud for it. Thank you very much.

--
Chen Peng <chenpeng@alumni.nus.edu.sg>