Still no luck with bk tree, help me Samuel.

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:12:34 +0200

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:22:53PM +0200, Karosa Alabaster wrote:
> Yeah, but you see the problem is that, I'm not using a premade kernel.. so
> there's no way the mol kernel module whould load without recompilation to my
> kernel header tree. And I've been using 0.9.68.without any problems, but
> 0.9.69 seems to be UNSTABLE.. sometimes beyond the definition of useable,
> but it works when it doesn't freeze at macos startup :) (which it does most
> of the time)

Well, I'm not convinced that it is MOL that is at fault here. It appears
only Pegasos users are experiencing this problem which I find
highly suspicious. MOL tends to put great stress on the machine (and
on the kernel for that matter) and it is quite good at exposing bugs.
Besides, the pegasos has had some hardware problems in the past due to
a buggy northbridge, I think.

There is also an unexplained "slowdown" when OSX is run on the pegasos.
It tends to run _much_ slower than it should (MacOS 9 seems to run at
the expected speed though).

/Samuel