Still no luck with bk tree, help me Samuel.

Karosa Alabaster mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:18:36 +0200

I'd be convinced if 0.9.68 whould do the same thing, but it does not do
anything, it just works.
Anyway, with the new kernel the problem seems to be getting worse.. now it
freezes the WHOLE system, so I can't do anything.. Can't switch consoles
can't terminate the emu, nothing.. And it can't even finish displaying the
bomb dialog sometimes.. it just freezes.. What is this?? A win32 machine?
:(    this appears only after a little while of working, or at bootup
I've updated the kernel, binutils, unix-tools, libc6 so far, without any
effect, so i'm back to 0.9.68 once more.. GRR!
Can't say much about it anymore.. Samuel.. I'm having a strange feeling
about memory..... One of the error codes that os9 gave back, and I could
interpret was a memory related error. I read that it usualy appears when the
mac tries to address a memory part, that doesn't exist..
Ah, yes, and a treat :) the newest error message that I could read was
"address" error :) Anyway, if you can't figure it out I'll try it with newer
kernels eventually.

And there is this strange thing.. IE5 for Mac  closes at random times, the
whole application.. (?????) argh..
And there is this other thing :) I get at console ::: Cannot allocate packet
datas... and after 4, or 5 of there, Turning of allocation warnings.

About that hardware problem, if I remember right it was a DMA related
problem, when doing operations with large files. Like running chksum on a
large file gave back a wrong checksum, but that's for the past. The April
chips are there to fix this,  and  this bug was only in the Betatester
boards.

And as for OSX, I don't really care.. I don't want to use OSX in the near
future, just testing it a little perhaps.. I'm somehow fond of classic
macos, call me crazy :)

So...  I think that's all.. :)
If I gave you some more ideas, please share them with me :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Karosa Alabaster