build mol within MacOSX for use in MacOSX?

Clinton MacDonald mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:35:06 -0500

Andrew:

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 04:06  PM, Andrew Musselman wrote:
> We are trying to figure out a way to run MacOS9 within a window in
> MacOSX, similarly to how it's dealt with in maconlinux, and I'm
> wondering if this may be a solution.

Why do you want to do this? Just for the challenge? :-)

The Classic environment in Mac OS X is essentially what you are trying
to recreate, except you want it in its own window. If I recall
correctly, in early builds of Mac OS X (like the public beta version),
the Classic environment ran in its own window, just like you are trying
to achieve. In fact, the Ooompa Loompas at Apple worked very hard to
make Classic run full screen, instead of in a window. Now, you want to
undo all their hard work!

Good luck, Don Quixote! ;-)

(All the above was meant in its most humorous sense. I am quite amazed
and awed by individuals like yourself who can conceive of and implement
projects of this sort.)

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>