video mode/depth not supported

Joost Kremers mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:38:18 +0200

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 05:55:15PM -0400, Nathanael Hasbrouck wrote:
> > my X server is running at colour depth 24, 32 is not supported, and i'd
> > rather not run at 8. ;-) does this mean i won't be able to run MoL
> > inside X, or did i overlook some configuration setting?
>
> Have you run molvconfig?  If not, that's probably what you want to do....

ah, thanks! i thought molvconfig was just for the console/fbdev, and since
that was working fine, i didn't bother to run it.

but now i find that MoL insists on running with 1024x768, which is the
maximum resolution of my screen. but because of the window border and title
bar, part of the window falls outside the visible area. even specifying a
resolution of 800x600 and disabling console video didn't change that.

i think i'll leave it this way. thanks again.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments