Using mol on a migrated powerbook

Joost Kremers mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:15:15 +0200

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 10:29:24AM -0400, Nathanael Hasbrouck wrote:
> On Friday 16 April 2004 0746, somebody named Joost Kremers inscribed this
> message:
> Driver partitions.  If you ever want to boot MacOS directly (dual boot),
> you need them, linux should boot fine without them and I don't believe MOL
> needs them.

in which case i stand corrected. ;-) like i said, my understanding of Apple
hardware is limited.

> Out of curiousity, why OSX first?  If this is going to be a linux box with
> OSX running in MOL, it would be more logical (to me) to put the linux
> stuff first.

i doubt it matters from a practical point of view, right? it's just that
when i installed linux on my ibook, the instructions i followed did it this
way, and i didn't know enough to realise it could be done differently. the
only reason i suggested it is because i *know* it's a safe way to do it. i
also *thought* it was the only way to do it, because i had never seen any
other method, but i hope i made it clear that i wasn't sure about that.

anyway, thanks for setting me straight. learnt something today. ;-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments