Using mol on a migrated powerbook

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:56:41 -0400

On Friday 16 April 2004 1115, somebody named Joost Kremers inscribed this
message:
> i doubt it matters from a practical point of view, right?

Probably not.  It's just more logical, IMVHO. :^)

> it's just that when i installed linux on my ibook, the instructions i
> followed did it this way, and i didn't know enough to realise it could be
> done differently. the only reason i suggested it is because i *know*
> it's a safe way to do it.

Good reason. ;^) - Having thought about it, I should probably also note
that setting up partitions this way may be because in a dual boot
situation, OSX likes to be first, or (on some early newworld machines) has
to be in the first 6-8GB of disk to boot natively.  So do it the way that
works best for you.  (Ain't that what Linux is for? :)

> i also *thought* it was the only way to do it,
> because i had never seen any other method, but i hope i made it clear
> that i wasn't sure about that.

I think you did.  I was just wondering.

> anyway, thanks for setting me straight. learnt something today. ;-)

Anytime.  :^)

NRH
--
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.  - Dan Quayle