kernel panic at boot

David Bélanger mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:07:10 -0400

Hi,

I switch to Gentoo (gcc-3.3.3 kernel 2.6.5) and when I try to start mol
OS X does a kernel panic right at the beginning, does not boot and dump the
registers.  The hardware itself is a iBook and it works
fine in Debian (2.4.x).  I was able to get work on Gentoo before I did several
software update.  I don't know changes done as I was still in process of
installing/configuring software.  I tried with several older kernel
(in the 2.6.x) and gcc version without success.  I currently have
difficulty with 2.4.x kernels on that hardware (sleep problem) so I
would prefer to stay with 2.6.x if possible...

Any clue of what could go wrong?

I'm currently not on my powerpc but I could put a screen shot of OS X
register dump on the web later if it is helpful as well as the startup
messages (which seems ok).  The self test (--test) was successful.

Thanks,
David

---

David Bélanger