Having trouble getting mol to run

Roger Scow mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
13 Aug 2004 18:19:09 -0500

Please assist me or point me the right way:

I've installed YDL 3.0.1 and am having problems running mol on an iBook
800.  Installed YDL via d/l'd ISO's, which include mol.

This is what I get:

Starting MOL session 1
  No mol-0.9.68 kernel modules corresponding to the running
  2.4.22-2f kernel were found ('startmol --list' displays
  installed version). Recompile the mol kernel modules (recommended)
  or try starting MOL as root using the '-a' switch. The '-a'
  flag can be made default by the 'allow_kver_mismatch: yes' setting.
[root@localhost rscow]# startmol --list
  Running kernel:         2.4.22-2f
  Available modules:
    <none>

I've looked at the www.maconlinux.org guides on compiling, etc.  I
suppose I need to compile the 0.9.68 kernel modules, but haven't been
able to find them.  If I run tar on the .tgz that I have, I can't run
make or make-install successfully.

I'm definitely a newbie, so please point me toward a good HOWTO or a
good FAQ.  I'm looking forward to getting mol working.

Thanks.