MOL networked filesystem hangs

Eric Haines mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:44:23 -0400

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 16:06, Grigori Levchin wrote:
> I switched out the upgraded powerlogix g3 (866 mhz)
> for an apple original 300 mhz part and DAVE seems to
> work just fine. Appleshare volumes still hang while
> opening, but I can generally open at least one window
> now. Switching back to the 866 mhz, everything hangs
> again.  FWIW, /proc/cpuinfo is all wrong when I have
> the powerlogix chip installed (reports 333 mhz, too
> much cache.) Any advice?

Unfortunately no, but I can tell you that OS8.6 will hang on disk access
sooner or later on my system with MOL (usually sooner), whereas OS9 and later
work fine.  The same OS8.6 partition works fine with SheepShaver, and
combined with your experience, this leads me to believe that MOL doesn't like
OS8.6 for some reason.  (Kind of too bad, since 8.6 seems noticeably faster
to me and is enough to run most of my stuff.)

--Eric