Newbie questions

Eric Haines mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:38:23 -0400

On Friday 27 August 2004 10:29, Steve Roy wrote:

> Thanks! I did that, and now when I run 'startmol --loadonly' I get:
>
> /usr/lib/mol/0.9.70/bin/mol: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version
> information available (required by /usr/lb/mol/0.9.70/bin/mol)
> /usr/lib/mol/0.9.70/bin/mol: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.3' not
> found (required by /usr/lib/mol/0.9.70/bin/mol)
>
> So, I'm getting slightly frustrated here. How hard does it have to be
> to get MOL running? Am I missing something obvious or is this what
> every person who wants to run MOL has to go through?
>
> Steve

As Bill says, you need glibc and libpng.  I have to admit I had virtually no
problems whatsoever getting MOL running, but I'm using Debian and the version
of MOL + modules I'm using, and my Linux kernel, were all compiled by someone
else (Ross Vumbaca) so they'd work together nicely.  But then, MOL 0.9.68 is
the latest version that will work on my machine, so don't feel too bad when
you do get eventually get up and running.  :)

--Eric