Does Wine on YDL support x86 binaries

Wim Vanderbauwhede mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:32:25 +0100

--=-bYYzESjlQQKEOkmi9UF/

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 01:32, Thudium Stephen-MGI1225 wrote:
> If I were to install Wine on YDL, could I run x86 binaries?

Not directly, no. You'll need an x86 emulator as well. Some time ago I
had it running with qemu, but then the qemu people broke the "user mode"
support in favour of full-system emulation. You could still try with
qemu-0.5.5
To get some connection with this mailing list: you could try this on OS
X under MOL, it's possible that the latest qemu still does "the right
thing"

Wim