Appletalk/networking troubles

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:50:10 -0500

Ok, after doing some more research, my MOL seems to be have a slight trouble
acessing appletalk volumes over about 4 gigs.  The iMac (OS 9) has two HFS+
partitions, a 6gig and a 30 gig, and both show up weirdly when mounted under
MOL.  I've put a screen shot of the 'Get Info' window for one of the disks at
'http://home.webryders.com/natenet/screenshot.jpg'.  General behavior - mount
from chooser, network browser, or 'Recent Servers' works fine.  Double
clicking to open either the disk (after closing it) or on a subfolder
generally does not work, hanging the finder after drawing the first
zoomrect.; using the expansion triangles in list view seems to work fine,
though.  This behavior is also present on while accessing a OS 7.5.3 machine
with a 300MB HFS disk.  MOL also can't see my netatalk server on the Linux
side for some reason, but that may be a different problem.

NRH
--
Tact, n.: The unsaid part of what you're thinking.