MOL release candidate available

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:21:39 +0100

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:51:00PM +0100, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> Everything seems to work now, but it's strange that mol constantly
> takes about 9% cpu time with only the finder running (it didn't take
> more than 2% cpu in this case with previous versions).

Hmm... 9% is defintely a bit high. Top consistently shows 0.0% for me
(both with OSX and with MacOS 9).

> The mol process eating cpu calls this all the time (strace; about 210
> times per second):
> _newselect(0xe, 0x7ffff6c8, 0, 0, 0x7ffff750) = 0
> _newselect(0xe, 0x7ffff6c8, 0, 0, 0x7ffff750) = 0

210 times per second seems a bit on the high side but it might be OK
(it is related to MacOS the tick frequency). I suspect it is a
different thread that spends the CPU time. What does top show? One
can identify the various threads by looking at the 'nice' value in top...

/Samuel