MOL release candidate available

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:39:16 +0100

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:45:40AM +0100, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> The next version of MOL is in ready for release. I would appreciate it
> if as many as possible could try out the release candidate code in order
> to catch any problems...
>
> To compile and install from the developer tree (an alternative
> is building from the BitKeeper repository), do the following:
>
> 	rsync -rvz rsync.penguinppc.org::mol mol-rsync
> 	cd mol-rsync
> 	./autogen.sh
> 	./configure
> 	make
> 	make libimport
> 	make install	(as root)

One more thing... the 'make install' step won't overwrite
config files so it might be a good idea to rename the
/etc/mol directory before installing in order to
get a fresh set of config files. Some molrc settings have
changed name and additional settings have been added (in particular
sound related stuff; these settings are available in
/etc/mol/molrc.sound).

An alternative is copying the default molrc config files from
/usr/local/share/doc/mol-0.9.69/config.

/Samuel